QUICK 16 - Imports & Domestics Allowed
(No New Entries Past 12PM Saturday)
RUNNER UP: $1,000
SEMI FINALS: $500
Race Entry: 150
16 Car Qualified Field
Quick 16 Class Description:
- Quick 16 is "Open to All Imports & Domestics"
- 8.00 & Faster
- Non-Qualifiers enter Bracket 1
- Format: This is a .500 Full Tree, Bracket Style Eliminator. 7 Second Auto Start will be in effect Courtesy Staging Advised. The class will qualify the fastest 16 Imports/Domestics and based on the Fastest E.T & will be placed on a Pro Ladder for 1st Round of Eliminations Sunday.
- General Safety: All vehicles must conform to general NHRA & Track safety rules.
- Body: Any year vehicle is allowed.
- Chassis: Any type chassis is allowed
- Engine: Rotary and 4, 6 cyl Import/Domestic sport compact motors ok, Import V8 power plants ok (ie. Toyota, Nissan).
- No Electronics and no delay boxes. (Meaning no devices that will help a racer win in a bracket race).
- Turbo: Any Size Turbo Allowed
- Tires: Any Size Tire Allowed
- Fuel: Any Fuel is Allowed.
- Nitrous: Nitrous Oxide is Allowed
Lower Engine Containment Device (Diaper) - MANDATORY Engine Containment Device: Engine diaper or catch pan device to capture oil and/or debris in the event of engine and/or transmission failure mandatory. Where exhaust header passes directly under oil pan, a two piece diaper may be utilized. If a catch pan device is used, catch pan must employ minimum 2 inch high lips on all sides. Notching of the pan is prohibited, as it must be 2” high on all sides. All lips must have a continuous weld or a bend in the metal along seams and corners so fluids cannot escape (you cannot bolt or pop lips on pans for oil to escape). Lips must be covered or curved inward, so as to contain oil in pan. Catch pan must cover entire area below the engine/transmission. Catch pan must extend from radiator support to firewall and from frame rail to frame rail. In all cases, lips must be adequate enough to contain oil in the catch pan. Should a competitor spill excessive oil from the catch pan and debris on the track, he or she may be disqualified from further competition at the sole and absolute discretion of the event director until the catch pan is upgraded, regardless of the height of the pan lips or designs.
9.99 to 7.50 or any car exceeding 135 mph:
Jacket and pants meeting SFI Spec 3.2A/5 and gloves meeting SFI Spec 3.3/1 mandatory. Ethanol fuel safety requirement as follows: Suit meeting SFI Specs 3.2A/15, gloves and boots meeting SFI Spec 3.3/5 mandatory.
All competitors must have competition number and membership number. A valid NHRA competition license is mandatory for driver of any vehicle running 9.99 or quicker. All drivers running 10.00 seconds or slower must have a valid state- or government-issued driver’s license beyond a learner’s-permit level or valid NHRA competition license. See NHRA General Regulations 10:4.